How do I activate my Walmart Visa card?
You can activate your Walmart MoneyCard either online,here, or over the phone, at 1-877-965-7848. You will be prompted for your MoneyCard information. This includes your 16 digit card number, the expiration date, and the three digit security code found on the back of the card.
Why is my Walmart Visa Gift Card not activated?
The most common reasons are that the card hasn’t been activated, the cashier is running the wrong type of transaction, the dollar amount being charged is greater than the card’s balance or the credit card processing machine is bumping up the charge amount to either place a hold on the card or to allow for a gratuity.
How do you activate a visa gift card?
Activate Your Visa Gift Card In 3 Simple Steps
- Locate the activation instructions. These can be found on a sticker (usually on the front) or printed on the back of the card.
- Find the gift card numbers. Activation requires the 16-digit gift card number that is located on the front of the card. …
- Activate your card.
How do I activate my Walmart gift card online?
The process of activating your Walmart Gift card online is as follows:
- Launch your web browser.
- Open the URL sent to you in the email from Walmart. …
- Enter the ID number, activation code and PIN if requested. …
- Once you input the activation code and access your card, it will be automatically activated.
How long does it take a Visa gift card to activate?
After you activate the gift card, it should be ready to use. I have seen some cases where a gift card issuer imposes a waiting period after purchase, meaning the gift card may not be usable for up to 24-48 hours even though it has been activated.
You cannot activate a Walmart MoneyCard without a Social Security Number. The only thing you could do is contact Walmart at the number on the back of your card and let them know you don’t have a SSN. They will allow you to use the card as a gift card, and spend the money already loaded on it.
How do I know if my Walmart Visa gift card is activated?
Most merchants require address information. Your Card number and 3-digit security code are required to register. Write down your Card number and the Customer Service number on a separate piece of paper in case your Card is lost, stolen, or destroyed. Your Card is automatically activated when it is purchased.
How do I know if my gift card is activated?
Locate the activation sticker on the front of the card.
If your gift card requires activation, there’s usually a white sticker or some other indicator prominently displayed on the front that says so. These stickers typically provide a toll-free number or a website link that you need to use to activate the card.
What do you do if your gift card doesn’t work?
10 Things to Do When Your Gift Card has No Value
- Show Card to the Cashier. …
- Ask What the Error Message Is. …
- Ask For the Manager. …
- Check the PIN. …
- Make Sure the Gift Card is Activated. …
- Ask for the Balance and Transaction History. …
- Contact Customer Service. …
- Contact the Card Issuer.
How do I activate my Visa card online?
How to activate your Visa card online
- Log in to your online account.
- Look for your new credit card under Accounts.
- Enter your card number, expiration date and CVV/CVC.
- Enter your date of birth and Social Security number, if required by your provider.
Do Visa gift cards need to be activated?
Many Visa Gift cards are activated automatically upon purchase and may be used immediately. However, some Visa Gift cards must be activated by the recipient before they can be used. Be sure to sign in the designated area on the back before making your first purchase.
How do you activate a gift card without buying it?
Many gift cards are activated when they’re purchased, so they don’t need to be activated by the recipient. However, some do need to be activated by the recipient before they can be used. You can activate a gift card by calling the merchant or accessing the provided URL and inputting the correct activation numbers.
Does a Walmart gift card need to be activated?
1. No activation is required for gift cards less than $250, e-gift Cards or those that were part of a bulk purchase totaling less than 25 cards. 2. For your security, we will require you to activate any Walmart plastic Gift Cards purchased in an order of 25 cards and/or an order of $250 or more.
Can Walmart Visa be used anywhere?
Product details. 25 Walmart Visa Gift Card is accepted everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S. Register your card on www.WalmartGift.com.
Can I use my Walmart Money Card without registering it?
If you have a new Walmart MoneyCard, it has to be registered before you can start using it. Keep reading for somehelpful tips to assist you with activating your walmart money card. Your Walmart MoneyCard acts like a credit card whose limit you control. To use it, prepay the amount that you are willing to spend.