Does Coinstar take a percentage if you get a gift card?
Just pour your coins into the kiosk and let us do the work. Choose one of our three convenient options: get cash, which has an 11.9% fee (fees may vary by location), select a NO FEE eGift Card, or make a donation to your favorite charity.
How can I get cash for my gift card?
How to Get Money Off Your Gift Card (Instead of Using It)
- Sell your gift card.
- Use the gift card to buy an in-demand product and then sell the product.
- Buy money orders directly to pay yourself.
- Trade your gift card for something else. This is similar to selling but you can get a different product for it in exchange.
How does Coinstar make money from gift cards?
It’s a lot! Coinstar takes an 11.9 percent cut — sorry, “service fee.” For every dollar of heavy metal you put in, you get 88 cents back in a voucher. Every $20 gets you $17.60. You can also turn your money into a gift card, and for that there’s no fee (Coinstar sorts that out between the restaurant/store).
How much does Coinstar charge for $10?
It’s so easy, but they don’t do it for free. Coinstar’s fee is 11.9% of your total deposit.
Does Coinstar exchange gift cards for cash?
Coinstar does give gift cards in exchange for cash! All you have to do is go to a Coinstar kiosk, choose the gift card you want, put your coins in the slot and you’ll receive your gift card to use online or in-store.
Can you exchange gift cards for cash at Walmart?
Walmart Offers Gift Card Trade-In Program If You Don’t Mind Getting Less Than The Card Is Worth. … Walmart is offering a promotion targeting the unwanted gift card crowd this year, allowing consumer to trade in their cards to more than 200 retailers for one to the big box store instead.
Can I deposit a gift card to my bank account?
You can deposit a gift card to your bank account, although not directly. Visa gift cards are treated like Visa credit cards, meaning the balance isn’t transferable to an account.
How do I transfer money from a gift card to my bank account?
10 Legit Ways to Transfer Visa Gift Cards to Bank Accounts
- Pay your bills with your Visa gift card.
- Buy discounted gift cards with your Visa gift card.
- Transfer to your Bank Account via PayPal. …
- Pay Yourself with your Visa Gift Card.
- Transfer cash via Venmo.
- Trade for Cash using a Gift Card Exchange Kiosk.
- Sell your gift card.
Is Coinstar a ripoff?
If you shop at a grocery store or places like Walmart, you’ve likely seen the name Coinstar. These big, green, coin-counting machines promise to turn your water-bottle-full-of-pennies into cold, hard cash–all without the hassle of paper rolls and endless counting.
Is there an alternative to Coinstar?
(Editor’s note: Most Coinstar machines also offer the option to donate your money to charity.
How To Find Coinstar Alternatives That Really Are Free.
|Financial Institution||Fee for Customers||Fee for Non-Customers|
|People’s United Bank||Free||8% fee|
|Republic Bank (NJ/PA)||Free||Free|
How do I skip a Coinstar fee?
To avoid the Coinstar fee, there are two ways to cash your coins for free. First, you can sort and fill your own rolls of coins and take them to your bank to deposit or exchange for cash. Depending on how much change you have, the process might be time-consuming, but at least you’ll save money.
Where can I use Coinstar for free?
Coin Counting Machines
- Walmart. Walmart has over 11,000 stores worldwide. …
- Kroger. Kroger has more than 2,700 grocery stores in 35 states in the U.S. Many Kroger stores have Coinstar kiosks. …
- CVS. …
- ShopRite. …
- Hy-Vee. …
- Meijer. …
- Albertsons. …
- Harris Teeter.
How much is the Coinstar fee?
Take your coins to a Coinstar machine. A 11.9% coin processing fee applies. Fees may vary by location.
Where can I go to turn my coins into cash?
- Local bank or credit union. Your local bank or credit union branch may let you exchange coins for cash via coin-counting machines, letting you to roll your own coins, or take coins in another way. …
- QuikTrip. …
- Safeway. …
- Walmart. …
- Target. …
- Lowe’s. …
- Home Depot. …