Can you use a prepaid gift card for online purchases?
Yes. Your Visa Gift card is intended for use anywhere Visa cards are accepted. To make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card.
How do I pay with a gift card online?
You simply type the gift card or egift card number into the website’s shopping cart and complete the transaction. Whether the gift card is plastic or electronic, using it online is especially easy if you have a store gift card, also known as a closed loop gift card.
Why is my prepaid gift card not working online?
There are a number of possible reasons why a purchase could be declined: You don’t have enough money left on your card. You haven’t activated or registered your card. The address you gave to make an online or phone purchase is different from the address you have on file with your prepaid card provider.
When using a Visa gift card online What do you put for name on card?
Use Real Name and Current Address. When registering the gift card, enter your first and last name, just as you would on a credit card.
How do I register a gift card online?
To register your card for online use, locate the issuer’s 800 number or web address. You’ll find this information on the back of the Visa card or in a leaflet that comes with the card. Call the telephone number or access the website to get started.
Can I deposit a Visa gift card to my bank account?
You can deposit a gift card to your bank account, although not directly. Visa gift cards are treated like Visa credit cards, meaning the balance isn’t transferable to an account.
How do I register a Visa gift card online?
Activating Your Card Online. Visit the activation link listed on the sticker on front of your card. If you don’t feel like making a phone call, you can usually activate your gift card online. There should be an activation link listed either on back of your card or on the sticker on the front of your card.
How do you use gift card in store?
Redeem a gift card on your Android device
, then tap Account. Tap “Redeem Gift Card or Code.” Enter the 16-digit code that begins with X. Then tap Redeem.
How do I know if my gift card is activated?
Locate the activation sticker on the front of the card.
If your gift card requires activation, there’s usually a white sticker or some other indicator prominently displayed on the front that says so. These stickers typically provide a toll-free number or a website link that you need to use to activate the card.
How do you activate a prepaid card?
- Note the Web address for activation on the prepaid card’s packaging, or on the sticker pasted on the front of the card.
- Open a Web browser and enter the activation URL into the address bar. …
- Click the “Activate Card” option. …
- Type the prepaid Visa card number into the corresponding input boxes.
What do you do if your gift card doesn’t work?
10 Things to Do When Your Gift Card has No Value
- Show Card to the Cashier. …
- Ask What the Error Message Is. …
- Ask For the Manager. …
- Check the PIN. …
- Make Sure the Gift Card is Activated. …
- Ask for the Balance and Transaction History. …
- Contact Customer Service. …
- Contact the Card Issuer.
How do I use a vanilla gift card online?
Your Vanilla eGift Card can be used to pay with digital wallets: Apply Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
- Make sure the balance of the Vanilla Gift Card is more than the entire cost of the purchase, including taxes. …
- Select ‘Credit’ or ‘Debit’ as the payment method (Do not select ‘Gift Card’).
How do you activate a visa gift card?
Activate Your Visa Gift Card In 3 Simple Steps
- Locate the activation instructions. These can be found on a sticker (usually on the front) or printed on the back of the card.
- Find the gift card numbers. Activation requires the 16-digit gift card number that is located on the front of the card. …
- Activate your card.
What does name on card mean visa?
Refers to the person who owns a credit or debit card. The cardholder name is the name of the owner, printed on the front of the card.