Can Square gift cards be used anywhere?
Yes. If you use multiple locations with Square, your gift cards can be issued and redeemed at any location.
Are Square gift cards free?
Square eGift Cards are free to set up and offer. All you pay is processing when a customer buys a gift card from you.
How do I use Square gift card discount?
Sign in to the Gift Cards section of your online Square Dashboard > eGift Cards. Click Promotion > Create Code. Select whether you’d like to offer a dollar amount or percentage discount. If you’re offering a percentage discount, you have the option to set a maximum discount amount.
Do Square one gift cards expire?
No, gift cards from Square don’t expire.
How do I load a gift card on square?
To load and issue a gift card:
- From the Checkout screen, tap Library > Gift Cards.
- Swipe or enter the 16-digit gift card number.
- Select a default preset load value or if the option is enabled, enter a custom load amount.
- If you swipe the gift card, the amount will automatically load.
How do you send a gift card on square?
Send an eGift Card
- Visit the Square seller’s eGift Card order page.
- Select an eGift Card amount.
- If applicable, enter a promotion code.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Select whether you’d like to send this voucher as a gift > enter the recipient’s name and email address for delivery.
What gift cards are compatible with Square?
Square works with any US-issued and most internationally-issued magstripe or chip cards bearing a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, or UnionPay logo.
Do gift cards expire?
Under federal law, a gift card cannot expire in less than five years after the date of purchase. But if it’s not used within 12 months, fees for inactivity, dormancy or service can be charged to the card each month, diminishing its value.
How do I refund a square gift card?
Issuing a Refund to a Gift Card
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu.
- Tap Transactions from the navigation menu.
- Search the receipt number or full credit card number to find the transaction.
- Tap the transaction to refund > Issue Refund.
How do you swipe a gift card?
Swiping: With the stripe on the back of your card at the bottom and facing left, move the card through the slot on the card reader. If the machine has your card go in flat, face the stripe toward the reader and make sure the front of your card is facing up.
What happens when you clear a gift card on square?
You can clear an eGift Card’s balance from both the Square app and your online Square Dashboard. Note: Clearing an eGift Card’s balance is a permanent action that cannot be undone. Your customer will not be refunded for funds cleared from an eGift Card.
What states can you return a gift card for cash?
These are the states where you can redeem gift cards worth at most: $10—California. $5—Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington.
Does square one take Yorkdale gift cards?
Valid at more than 2,000 stores in the Oxford Properties portfolio, including Scarborough Town Centre and Square One, as well as select Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, and Porter Airlines.