How do you organize kids toys categories?
Separate toys into broad categories and store them in open bins or baskets to make clean-up a breeze. Categories could include blocks, dolls, trains, animals, cars, Legos, etc. We used open bins from IKEA in three different sizes to store the current favorites. I especially loved these white baskets.
How do you segregate toys?
Designate a storage space for each type of toy.
- In a child’s bedroom, separate corners of each room for different toy types. You can, for example, keep stuffed animals in one corner. …
- You can use decorative storage baskets and bins in common areas of your home. …
- You can also separate the toys by type.
What are the categories of toys?
- Action figures.
- Cars and radio controlled.
- Construction toys.
- Creative toys.
- Educational toys.
- Electronic toys.
How often should you rotate baby toys?
Rotate toys when it feels right—no more than once a week and potentially every few weeks. Some weeks you might change just a couple of toys and others a few more, depending on how your child is playing and showing interest. Some favorites can stay on the shelf for a year or more.
How do I declutter my kids toys?
My Tips and Process for Decluttering Kids’ Toys
- Step 1: Prepare for the decluttering event. …
- Step 2: Dump everything into one area. …
- Step 3: Put toy sets together. …
- Step 4: Identify toys that are no longer used. …
- Step 5: Negotiate with your older kids on toys to declutter. …
- Step 6: Put toys in purgatory.